08 October 2008

Inspiration - Autumn Leaves

I found this leaf while on a cardio walk last week. I had started my cool down, and was going to slow enough that I caught sight of it (because I had walked past the same place three times already!). I had to stop and pick it up - the colors and the shape caught my eye. And while I hate the fact that the days are getting shorter, I celebrate the cooler temperatures which mean I can begin to pull different clothes out to wear. Almost like having a new(ish) wardrobe. Later that day I pulled out some of the upholstery samples in darker colors, and planned out some new clutches and wristlets to make. I'm inspired to create new looks for the new season. Where has everyone else been finding inspiration lately?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love that feeling of pulling out the fall clothes, too. They're so comforting, the sweaters and such. Inspiration? Often in music, and taking walks and seeing how people decorate their homes for autumn, the happy cornstalks and pumpkins are sprouting everywhere!